It's been a great day and a look at what's next!

First off, thank you SO much for going over to my friend Jess's new blog Twenty-Six Minutes for lunch! Every time we saw each other today at school we were talking about YOU...yes YOU, the awesome bloggers out there! So thank you! I have emailed the goodies to those who commented on my page and left their email:)

I also this morning tried on a pair of jeans that hasn't fit in a LONG time...like, last April...and they FIT! I text my trainer at 6:00am and told her! I just had to. I knew I wasn't waking her up because she is out the door running at 4:00am! NUTS! 

THEN...I have a former parent, who is now needing hours in her education classes, come in to my room today with HOT Starbucks! She.made.my.day...for real!

Got out of work, went to the gym, and now relaxing tying to work on a few things but in all honesty...I just want to go to bed! Hubby doesn't get up for another hour to get ready for work so I guess I need to wait until then!

So...the other day my coworker and I were planning together. We started looking at the pacing guide for the end of the year and seeing what was left in math to teach. 

This is the time of year where students REALLY start to feel the pressure, get anxious, and worry about the dreaded END OF GRADE TESTING. In 3rd grade they have NEVER taken a test like this before...EVER. That is one downfall to teaching 3rd. And the parents...them too! They feel the same pressure. 

Anyways, back to planning part. We started to think of a way to group the kids for our remediation/review right before the EOG's. Well, that's where THIS is going to come in...

I am in the process of making a 3rd grade end of the year math cumulative assessment! This will have every math Common Core standard with questions for each. It will be long, I won't lie about that. So it will take me a bit to get it done. But, my goal for this test is for us teachers to see where students need help! How we can group students to best meet their needs for review and remediation. 

Is there anything you would like to see on this assessment? If so, I would love to hear it!

Have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting in those jeans!!!! That is ah-mazing :) Sounds like you had a great day! I don't teach Math, I teach 4th grade SS and LA. I still COMPLETELY understand your stress about the standardized testing! This is the time of year when I get totally stressed!! Looks like a great product, though :) Great idea!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!! I don't teach a testing grade, but just the pressure of DIBELS and end of the year testing are enough, I couldn't imagine taking standardized tests!!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the jeans!! That is motivating me to workout again! (Maybe!) I know what you mean about testing pressure, the conflict between teaching for a deep understanding or just making sure the kiddos do well on the assessment!! I wish you could always do both things at once but it doesn't always work out that way.

    Lisa
    TeachingandLearning

    ReplyDelete