Health update and There was an Old Monster Freebie Activity!

Happy Sunday Friends! Sorry I have been a bit MIA this week. With falling off the treadmill on Monday I have been a little off all week:( Thank you for all the kind words and concerns! Here is a short update about my fall!

I went to work the whole week! Probably shouldn't have! But you know us teachers, we can never take a day off...it is just MORE work for us! So Tuesday and Wednesday I iced my knees and sat down as much as I could. I thought they were starting to feel better! 

Thursday morning I woke up to a new problem though...
Yes, can you see that! Can you see how swollen my foot and ankle got? Not sure what happened but now I was concerned. I thought maybe walking would help the swelling go down! So I went to work. My Principal and VP really wanted me to go to the doctor. I made and appointment after school and my hubby came with me. I like having an NP for a hubby:)

So we get there, and this is my first time in a doctors office since we have moved, so everything is so new and different to me.

The doctor comes in and does all the tests. Nothing is broken, sprained or injured. Good news. But he thinks it might be a blood clot. GREAT. So I had some blood work done and found out on Friday it was not a blood clot. Just some bad swelling. 

So I have been sleeping with it elevated for 3 nights now and I can say that the swelling has gone down, the bruising of my knees are better, but the abrasions are still open and sore. It hurts to walk because it feels like they just keep opening up! Lots of band-aids and cream for me! Hopefully they will get better this week so I can get back to the gym...just no running for me:)

This week at work is very busy and Halloween is just DAYS away! 

Have you read this story?
There was an Old Monster is SO cute! AND you can listen to the song for FREE here!
I am going to read it this week. As I am reading it, I would like the students to sequence the story for each animal the monster swallows.
 
If this is something you would like to do with your students, just click HERE to get this freebie! 

I have also lowered my price on my Halloween No Homework Passes! Check them out here!
 
I hope you all have a super week!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are feeling better!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I hope the swelling goes down sooner than later. Teachers are notorious for working through the pain, but I'm glad you got it checked out. Take care!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooo glad it was only swelling and nothing else! Your homework passes are super cute :)
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete