The most adorable parent Christmas gift...EVER:)

I know, this is a bit late and I believe we are all on break already! But it is WAY TOO CUTE not to share! Pin it for next year maybe???

So I went searching on Pinterest of course for some cute parent gift ideas. But where I found this idea was from Stephanie's linky party over at 3rd Grade Thoughts!

A few weeks ago she was hosting a holiday linky!

I didn't have anything to link up with but I just knew I had to look! Even though I don't teach Pre-K...I stopped over at Mrs. Goff's Pre-K Tales and found just what I was looking for!

She posted about these adorable tree ornaments with a cut out picture of her students! Yup...that's what I did! But I put my own spin on it!

I too started out by taking each students picture wearing a hat and standing in a silly pose!

Then I cut each picture out (here are a few)

Then the pictures were hot glued to a snowflake ornament from Walmart!



BUT...before I glued them to the ornament, our class did something special with each picture!
I made a winter background card and we placed each picture on it! The kids had so much fun helping me arrange it so it was just right!


Then I took a picture of this and sent it into Walgreens to make a class photo card for their families!
and yes...there is a typo:( Ugh...I was SO mad when I saw this! Oh well!

The kids came back the next day (they took them home Thursday) and told me their parents LOVED it! I will be doing this next year for sure!

What did you have your students make for their parents???

25 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Definitely pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i needed this a couple of weeks ago!! but i will definitely be copying you next year! too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. We send out a Christmas card every year - the parents LOVE it! I am glad I am not the only one with a card mishap - my first try cut one of my kiddos in half - so I had to re-do them. I'm pretty sure none of the parents want just half a kid! LOL! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is an amazing christmas gift and it is very cute for children that looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love it. I don't have a homeroom class anymore, but maybe next year I can take up a collection and do this for all 4 of my classes that I see now.

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  7. is the winter background just a regular 8 by 11 size piece of paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I found a background online and printed it out. Then I set it on a sheet of construction paper.

      Delete
  8. "Hi, where did you buy the wooden snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not wooden, just ornaments I got from Walmart in a pack of 20 I believe.

      Delete
  9. "Hi, where did you buy the wooden snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen those snowflakes at Walmart - they sell a pack of 20 for like $3 in the Christmas section. I don't think they're wooden though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What size did you print the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the idea! My 4th graders (and their parents) loved their ornaments. For those of you with access to a laminator, laminating the pictures after cutting them out really added that layer of protection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would it save time to laminate the pictures first,then cut them out? I am excited to make these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could, but I like to save as much of the laminating sheets as I can:)

      Delete
  14. I would speedy trim them before laminating and then fussy cut them when they're laminated! They are cute though and I just happen to be looking for a gift project and have those flakes in my December box!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Oh I bet the trees would be cute! I wrote this blog post 3 years ago so I am not too sure that Walmart would still carry the ornaments.

      Delete
  16. Thanks so much!!! I did with my kids!!!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this is from a long time ago but do you think it would be just as good if I printed the pictures myself on card stock then laminated them?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it would work great, I plan on doing the same.

    ReplyDelete