Scavenger hunt...review game style! Plus what's coming soon!

Happy almost Friday! Thanks everyone for the sweet comments on my one year blogaversary! It means a lot! Also don't forget about my sale going on!
You got two more days to shop, save and get some freebies!

So the other day I did NOT have my observation! I really think my AP was feeling bad for me. On Tuesday I had no voice, Wednesday I sounded like a man, and today it was crackly. It is almost back! The coughing meds are helping and breaking up what's in my chest.

I was sad though she didn't come because my math lesson that day ROCKED. Oh well:( But I want to share the idea with you!

Have you ever done a scavenger hunt around your room? I have before with task cards. I would give students a recording sheet and they would have to go around the room and find the cards and write down the answers on the recording sheet. Then we would all gather back together and go over them. Well, today's scavenger hunt was a bit different! 

I gave each student one of these
a blank PowerPoint handout with 14 slides.

Before we started this lesson I placed 14 questions around the room! By each question was a smaller bag of the questions! 






They took the questions out of the bag, glued them on the blank square and worked on the question right there with their partner. 

I did it this way because there would have been no point of a scavenger hunt if I just gave them the PowerPoint with the questions. I also wanted them to glue the questions on instead of just having a recoding sheet because I wanted them to really work through each problem.

They had so much fun walking around the room with their partner looking for the questions. It took them a good hour, maybe a bit more, to find each question and solve it. I like having movement in my room that also involves learning. It's a lot more fun than just sitting down and doing review problems!

Here are some pictures of them hard at work!




I did not spend too much time on making this unit, so I don't have it in my stores. Is this something any of you would be interested in having? If so, I can work on it to make it sell-able!

I just worked on outlining a few things for the next two weeks. I have some major units I plan on making this weekend! Be on the lookout for...

Nonfiction writing unit
Mass and volume in metric
Comparing and contrasting themes, settings and characters with stories by the same author
Data and graphing project

Very thankful I have some time this weekend! Have a great Friday tomorrow!


11 comments:

  1. I love how you did the scavenger hunt! Yes, put it in your store!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME idea! You should definitely make it sell-able! Glad you're feeling better!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Thanks so much for the great idea!

    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cool idea! Such a fun way to do maths! I like that they were working in partners to work things out too!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. My class loves walking around the classroom for any learning activity - I love this idea and believe I will be borrowing it! Thanks so much!!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!!! I will defenitely be using it and would love to see it in your store!

    Thank you!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great engagement strategy - just what me and my kids need during SPRING FEVER! Hey, I'd also like to know if you'd be willing to donate something to my upcoming giveaway celebrating my birthday and gaining 200 followers. I'd be honored if you'd be able to contribute (anything you'd like to offer)!
    :)
    Antonia @ forkin4th
    rivas423@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely put it in your store!! Movement always helps my students and this is so adaptable to all subject areas. Almost like scoot in a bag! I love it!!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very cool idea! Such a fun way to do maths! I like that they were working in partners to work things out too! Play now to game 123 games and run 3 cool math games, game freecell 123

    ReplyDelete
  10. Far Cry 5 is a massive game with tons of content and Far Cry Arcade has the potential to keep the game fresh and exciting for months to come. In the end, Far Cry 5 didn't make the most out of its rural setting and didn't innovate much on the typical Far Cry gameplay formula although it still ranks as one of the best games in the series.
    See more review: A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
    The Crew 2

    ReplyDelete