I'm Ready to Plan~take a look at this!

Hey fellow friends! I hope you all are enjoying your summer!
My summer is coming to an end:(

I go back the 28th of this month and just got official word I can start moving my stuff in Monday...MONDAY! Of course I want to get right in there and set up but I am dreading bringing all my stuff back to the classroom! This year I had to take it all home as my school was being remodeled! I can't wait to take a look how clean and fresh my room will be!

One thing I don't have to think any more about is my teacher planner! Last year I got an oh-so expensive planner, which I did like...but I never used all of it. I felt it wasn't worth the money. 

So I started to look around on TpT to find one that fit me. I wasn't having any luck and even thought about making my own. I kept looking and finally found this one from Haley over at My Silly Firsties.
This binder has it ALL...no joke!

It has
The binder includes all of these dividers/covers as well as editable versions in every color so you can add your own! :) 
Teacher Binder Cover
Parent Contact 
Sub Binder
Common Core
RTI Info
Testing and Data 
Lesson Plans
IEP Info
Guided Reading 
Writing
Field Trips
Guided Math
Meetings 
Morning Work
Sight Words
Phonics
Poetry
Spelling 
Word Work
Math
Science
Social Studies
Grades
Professional Development
Technology
Words their Way 
Daily 5 
Reader's Workshop
Writer's Workshop
Behavior and Management 
Each month also has it's own divider/cover and spine 
 

Extra EDITABLE pages include: 
Class Roster (several versions)
Student Class Numbers
Birthdays
Student Info sheet to send home with parents
Transportation 
Special Services
Student ID Numbers
Parent Contact Info (2 versions)
Master Phone Number List
Master Email List 
Parent Conference Tracker
Parent Contact Log
Students in RTI (2 versions)
Intervention Log 
Assessments at a Glance
Weekly Planning Sheet 
IEP at a Glance
Guided Reading Plans (3 versions)
Field Trip Checklist
Meeting Notes (2 versions)
Student Checklist
Professional Development Log 
Teacher Usernames/Passwords
Student Usernames/Passwords 
Notes
To Do Lists (2 versions)
Reading Lists
Student Health Concerns
Week at a Glance Planning Page 
Dolch Words
Fry Words 

For your sub binder..
Class Picture Template
Schedule 
Student Notes
How We Do Things 
Management
Important Contact Info
Where Is It? 

I used some of this for my lesson plan book. I will use the other printables for other binders I plan on making. I really wanted my lesson plan binder to be just that! With a few other things of course!

Take a look how I put my lesson plan book together!
Here is the first section






The next section I have student checklists!



Next I have monthly calendars


Then I have my lesson plans! I LOVE this part!
The first page is for a peek at the week and my guided reading plans. I plan on using that as an outline as a plan for the week!


When you turn the page, this is where you see my lesson plans!


I love having it set up this way for the each week. 

At the very end of my book, I have my common core standards for the grade I am teaching.



I can't wait to use it!

I highly recommend this planner!
Head HERE to check out the one I used!

You won't be disappointed!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! Where did you get it spiral bound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks great! Definitely going to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I just jumped over to grab it for myself!
    Colleen
    Totally Terrific in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tonya,
    I love this and snagged it also! I have a few questions and would so appreciate your input. What size spiral did you use? Did you laminate the front/back cover? Did you use card stock? Was it challenging to get the pages in the order you desired...front to back or side by side? Thanks for sharing your advice as I embark on this adventure of creating my own. Blessings to you, Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! It's a great planner. I have no idea what size spiral that was used. The guy at Office Max picked it out for me. I did laminate the front and back with the thickest they had. I forgot to take a picture of the back cover but it is the same as the front except instead of my name and school I put a teacher quote! It was kinda challenging to get the pages right. The guy at Office Max and I had a few trial and errors but he was patient with me to get it just right. It took us about 2 hours to get it ready from start to finish! I am very happy with it and will be doing it again. I had the guy print out some pages in color for me but I did print some on my own. I used card stock for the front and back. I used their heavier white paper for everything else. I hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Tonya,
      Thanks for the time to reply on what worked well for you in the organizing stage. I'll keep your friend and her family in my prayers. Many blessings to you and her, Jody

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I bought it right after I read your post! I gave you a shout out in my TPT review. Looking forward to using this binder for 2014-2015! Also, keep up the workouts - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is a very amazing post. I got a lot of information from this. Now it's time to avail stafford taxii for more information.

    ReplyDelete