fortunately it's almost Friday, unfortunately tomorrow is only Thursday!

How many of you have heard of this book before???
I did not until today! It is called Fortunately by Remy Charlip and it is WAY TOO CUTE! The kids and I were both laughing so hard while I was reading it. I read it today because it was the selected book in my writing program. After I read it, the kids had to come up with their own fortunately, unfortunately stories! As they were writing a light blub went off in my head!

What if we made our own class fortunately, unfortunately story? Where I start, and then the next student has to continue with it. Then that student passes it to another student until all the students have had a chance to make a page! I brought this idea up to the class and they want to do it! 


So...today, I came up with this:)


A fun writing unit just for this idea! 

Here are the ideas from the unit!

I think the kids are going to have a blast doing this! What do you think? You can get this in both of my stores!

One more thing before I go...I was going through some files and found these old task cards I made for multiplication! Nothing fancy, but great questions with pictures. Thought you may want them:) Click on the picture to get them for free!


Have a fantastic night! 

OH...look what just came at my door! I had to hurry up and take a picture! Boy was that quick! and I adore the colors! SO SO pretty!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Vera! I am toting around a yellow pattern Vera right now. Have you read Fortunately, Unfortunately by Michael Foreman. It is very similar to the book you suggested. It would be a great chance to compare and contrast that type of text structure.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmagoodness, I LOVE that book!! We always read it during our first Writer's Workshop unit and wow, it gets even the most reluctant writers writing!! Off to check out your activity now :)

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book and use it every year. I even have the kids write their own stories. It follows such a simple format, but still requires planning and thought to get the story to circle back around.
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete