Dear Teacher~End of the Year Writing Template

Happy Friday! I hope you all have awesome plans for the weekend! I am really just wanting to relax! 

The end of the year is SOOO close! I have 18 more school days left and couldn't be more ready! I am looking forward to a summer of working out, going to the beach, and exploring the beautiful island of Oahu:)

Since I am thinking about the end of the year, I wanted to share my newest freebie with you:)

Ever since my first year of teaching I have asked my students to write me a letter.

In this letter I ask them to write about the school year. I want to know what they liked and what they didn't like. 

I also want them to write about ME. I want to know what they liked and what they didn't like about me. 

I am going to share with you a letter from my first year. 

What I noticed is about me hollering. I was fresh out of college, moved 900 miles away from home, to a very small, low income area. EVERYONE I taught with yelled, that is how they got threw to the children. So...I thought that is what I was supposed to do. 

Obviously hollering is NOT the answer. These words stuck with me for a very long time. It took me a year or so to break that habit. And now, classroom management is my strongest area! 

Here are a few letters from the past few years!



In Hawaii, students complete what is called a Tripod Survey

My opinion, as well as many others, is this is not a true measure of student's opinions on their teachers. The sad part is, it is tied into my overall evaluations and eventually my pay! Crazy, I know!


I have found the letters students write me to be very helpful in my teaching career. To me, this is TRUE data of how students feel.

Would you like a copy? You can snag my Dear Teacher freebie up here!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment