Day of 3...September Currently, Monday Made it, life changes

Happy Labor Day bloggy friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their day off! I know I am! I was able to sleep in and run some errands! It's nice to be home at 2pm with very little to do the rest of the day! 

So today I am linking up twice! First with Farly from Oh'Boy 4th grade for her monthly currently! I can't believe September is already here! Fall is my favorite season and I can't wait to plug in my new wallflowers from Bath and body works to get my house and classroom smelling good:)

My favorite things:)
Well, my new life attitude by far is my favorite thing right now(see below). My second favorite thing is my hubby. He is my rock! He is supporting me with these new life changes and I am so thankful to have him by my side! I would be lost without him! Last, I am so loving He and She Eat Clean blog. I love their recipes, their inspiration and motivation to make the changes in my life! I can't wait to start my new journey! Here are the pics of the pumpkin protein bars I just made! They are SO good!

Go check their blog out...you won't be disappointed!


I am also linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made it. This is the first Monday made it turned monthly instead of weekly! I can't wait to see what everyone has made. 

I have been working on adding a vocab center to my literacy block! This will go with word word in hopes they can practice their vocabulary words!  

I created a vocabulary wheel:)
I was thinking you can use this in two different ways. One, have the kids complete each section of the wheel for each word. Two, they can use a paperclip and a pencil to spin what to do with their vocabulary word! What do you think??? If you are interested in having this center idea you can get it HERE for free for today only!!! I hope you love it!

And last, but not least. Yes, I have some life changes ahead of me. I have always been up and down in weight my whole life...it's SO frustrating! Starting tomorrow, I am planning on changing the way I treat my body. I am working on eating clean, working out more, and setting small goals of getting this weight off. 

I have known for awhile I have gained some weight since my wedding (may 2011) and never did anything about it. For the past few weeks my foot has been feeling better and I knew that once school started it would also be a fresh start for me! 

I am eager to get back into the swing of things and make a change for me! So I bought a new gym bag, got shower shoes, and stuff to go in the bag. I am all ready! 

But what really hit home...was a picture a friend posted last night on Facebook from the party I went to this weekend. I finally saw it, I finally saw how much weight I have gained, how unhealthy I am and how I really need to do something about it. I would post the picture on here...but I am embarrassed...very:( Instead of me sitting here wondering what went wrong...I am changing:) 
Here is to the new Tonya!


21 comments:

  1. Those pumpkin bars sound yummy! Thanks for the link. I wish you the best in changing your lifestyle to keep yourself healthy! Good luck!
    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your new life adjustments! You seem to have a great attitude this far, so I hope it continues for you :) Enjoy the rest of your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the Currently Linky. Getting back into routine for me means needing to get back into a healthy routine. I am going to check out the healthy eating link you provided. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude! You can do it. The most important thing you already have figured out (making it a lifestyle and not a diet) therefore you should do great. If you ever need a quick workout check out www.benderfitness.com. She takes you through the workout step by step and gives videos. Best wishes on your healthy journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also trying to get back to a healthier lifestyle. I lost 30 pounds a couple years ago by walking every day. I have managed to keep most of it off, but I need to lose a lot more! I have vowed to start walking again...starting tomorrow! Save that picture your friend took and you can use it in a future before and after post because I know you can do it...:) Best of luck!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your new healthy eating! I started the same thing 3 weeks ago. After two days I felt like a new person. No more headaches, no fatigue, lots more energy, and surprisingly I'm a bit nicer ;) I usually cook 5-10 pounds of chicken at once so I always have a stash of lean protein in the fridge so I don't ever get hungry enough to snack on junk. That has been a lifesaver. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your weight loss journey! I am in the same boat as you. I don't know when I gained all of this weight, but I don't want to gain one more pound! Have you downloaded My Fitness Pal on your smart phone? It's free and it's a calorie counting app that's really useful.

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen it...signed up awhile ago...never used it!lol I need to look into it again!

      Delete
  8. You are ALL too sweet! I know I can do it...and I am so glad I have that attitude about it! No more lame excuses, no more "I'm tired, I'm stressed"...I just need to do it. I have to do it:)

    Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers and the BEST of wishes to you as you start a new path in your life journey!

    www.growingfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tonya! Good for you! Good luck on your new change. I did the same thing in December.....saw some not so great pics....have always had weight issues...tried all kinds of things that didn't work and finally now in my 40s am getting it...the answer is eating right and exercise!!!!! Wish it didn't take me so long but at least I got it! I have lost 36 pounds so far:) I eat chicken, turkey and fruits and veggies:) I run 2 1/2 miles almost every day. I have a ways to go but at least I'm on my way and so are you:) Good luck:)

    Your vocab wheel is adorable:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I lost like 40 pounds about for my wedding and I felt and looked great! In a year and a half it is almost ALL back on. I just feel miserable:( But not any more! Thanks for your motivation! It helps me to know others are going through this too! I want this weight off so my hubby and I can start trying for a family! I don't want to be overweight and pregnant...too many health risks involved!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing about your new goals for a healthier life. I just subscribed to that blog you shared- it looks great. It is hard to stay motivatated and it is great the your husband is so supportive! Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    PS- I am also having a Labor Day Flash Sale on my TpT Store.

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very supportive! I heart him:) Even so much he is paying for me to go to his gym...so we can work out together and I can go in the morning. I won't give up my Y membership...I LOVE my gym too much!

      Delete
  12. Good luck, girl! , I, too am trying to make some major life changes...follow me on my blog...365 Days to a new me....www.365dayrenewal.blogspot.com
    cindi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am cheering you on Tonya!!! It is one day at a time! Anything is possible just believe you CAN do it!!

    Christa
    www.sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the vocab wheel. I plan on using that for my 6th grade math!!!

    Best of luck to you. Love your attitude!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for the food blog! :) I've checked it out and it's awesome!!!
    keep posting pics of your recipes! they're inspiring! :)
    Sara
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete