Text Features Freebie and a Buy 1 get 1 FREE end of quater sale!

This afternoon, my teammate and I planned out literacy for two weeks. Over the next two weeks we are going to cover text features with our Reading Street story of Hottest, Coldest, Highest Deepest. Students will need to know how text features help them in their reading. 

So I created a Text Features Interactive Notebook for them to use while I do my lessons.
In this notebook I have 13 different text features I will cover in the course of 2 weeks. I used pictures from Beth Newingham's posters and placed them in the notebook.




I only used the example pictures so students can write their own definition and how it helps them when reading. There is even space for them to draw a picture.


As I am teaching them, I plan on making an anchor chart similar to this one. This way we can keep it up all year long!

If you are interested in getting this for yourself, you can download it HERE for free:) I hope you like it! 

On a completly different subject...it is nearing the end of the quarter. I wanted to do something different than just have my store on sale! SO.....
Thank you Thistlegirl for the graphics, Print Candee for the frame and Ginger Snaps for the fonts!

Yup, you read it right! I will have my TPT store buy one get one FREE all weekend long..well, starting tomorrow;) AND 20% off!

You buy any item and you can get an item for free of equal or lesser value. Just email me the item you bought, leave feedback, and then tell me the one item you want for FREE. It's that simple! 

If you want to join in the end of the quarter buy 1 get 1 free sale, just post the picture to your blog! I would love it if you would join me! 

Off to bed for me, I am t.i.r.e.d! Have a great Thursday tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! The sale looks super intriguing!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I thought about doing something different. So far I have had some sales but no one has emailed me for their free item....strange!

      Delete
  2. You continue to amaze me with all of your fantastic ideas! Thanks for the freebie, too. I always make sure to check your blog before I turn in for the night. I'll definitely be stopping by your sale this weekend, too!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the text features booklet! There is one tiny little "oops".....you have 2 pages identified as "index" but only one is. I think the second one is a victim of cut and paste. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I am mad...Ugh! I already printed them out in a huge book for myself and 2 other teachers...oh well! They will have to cross it off! but I did fix the link!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the sale idea. I'm going to be offering the same!

    Brandi
    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete