Homework Monthly Motivators...getting students to turn in homework!

I am sooooo excited to share this new unit with you today! I am very happy with how it turned out and love the student response I've had from it!

I bring you my Monthly Motivators!

Let me share a bit about this unit with you!


Here are the pictures from my class! I LOVE seeing the progression each day!



What really helped me to keep track of who turned in what homework was the recording sheet I made. 

Each month has a creative theme! I place these posters on my door so the students can put their promise and daily pieces around it!
Month themes are:

January
Skating in NICE homework

February
We love to turn in homework

March
I'm lucky I turned in my homework

April
Our homework is raining in
We turned in 
"Egg"cellent homework (Easter theme)

May
Our homework is blooming

June
Turning in homework is so sweet

July
Our homework sparkles (4th of July theme)
Our homework is splashing in

August
We will stick with turning in homework

September
We're scoring with homework (football theme)
Our homework is falling in

October
Our homework is spooktacular (Halloween theme)
Our homework pumpkin patch

November
Harvesting good homework
We're gobbling up great homework (Thanksgiving theme)

December
Very Merry Homework (Christmas theme)
We're having a ball turning in homework


Every morning my students rush in to turn in their homework and get to coloring their daily piece for the door! This simple coloring tool has worked so well!


I hope you all have a great week! One more for me and it's spring break! I SO got this:)


8 comments:

  1. Looove this idea! So easy and VISUAL for you and students. Thanks so much for sharing- I'll have to check it out!

    XO, Kelly Anne
    AppleSlices

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I think my darlings would love this and it is so easy to do! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this idea but I will have to figure out when they can color their piece to go on the door. We already have morning work that they need to do so they may have to do it when they get done with their work and have a few minutes to color them. I am going to try this out when the students come back from Spring Break. Thanks for sharing your idea.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always have them color it when they have a quick second. I don't do morning work so they are able to do it. What about before lunch or recess? I hope your kids love it...mine just eat it up:)

      Delete
  4. Acadecraft undoubtedly is one of the best online tutoring services provider. We provide service for different subjects helping the students with their preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Acemyhomework

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. homework help website

    ReplyDelete