Camping Fireside with Fractions, and a few other things!

Sorry I have been a bit MIA this week! I honestly don't know why! I am thankful for having tomorrow off as I need to catch up on emails, new products, and dive into playing with my new toy! 

Yup, I entered the 21st century yesterday and bought an IPad4:) 
 I LOVE it...but am clueless with how to use it. The Apple store I bought it from as free workshops with how to use their products. I just might attend. Do any of you have any tricks or tips for me??? This is my first ever Apple purchase! I don't think it will be my last!

I do plan on making fonts here REALLY soon! My stylus is bought and ready to use:)

So also while at the mall yesterday, I bought something else...It is sitting in my closet because I think my hubby will KILL me if he know I bought these two things at once. I bought a new Coach Purse! It is to die for! AND it fits my IPad so nicely! Why did Coach have to send me a 25% off coupon!

Isn't it pretty??? And I got it for $60 off! Now, how to tell him I bought this....

OK, enough with my weekend spending spree-I am officially staying HOME for the rest of the month! HAHA!

On Thursday, my kids had a blast wrapping up our MLK unit with Reagan from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits MLK activity!
My pictures are not as clear as hers...but I won't have that problem anymore! 

SO cute and adorable. Everyone that walked by stopped in my room to tell me they loved the display! Great activity Reagan! I suggest you go HERE to get her unit!

Ok, so today I am working on TWO units! The first one is a fractions unit! I can't express how much I LOVE teaching fractions! I just think they are so so fun! So...here is the start of my unit!

Since I am just starting this unit...what would YOU like to see in it? Leave a comment and you just might win the unit for free when I am done!

Items I plan on including are:
dividing into regions
Equal Parts
Fractions and Sets
number lines
comparing fractions
equivalent fractions
benchmark fractions

The other thing I am finishing today is my Soaring into Summer unit! 


One last thing...Melisa from Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late...You won my any free item. I never heard back from you to tell me what you wanted AND what other person gets a free item! Please let me know what you would like! 

I may be back later...depends on how much I can get done:) Enjoy your Sunday!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my! You were quite successful in your shopping! I LOVE that Coach purse!! Those durn coupons! You just can't pass up a deal like that!

    I see you talked your hubby into the iPad! Yay! You'll love making fonts!!

    I'm interested to see what you learn about the iPad. I have had one for a few years and I'm SURE I don't use it to it's fullest potential!

    Happy Sunday!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was...I got my TPT check and spent some of it on ME...which I don't do. SO I can't feel to guilty with buying a new purse...can I?

      Delete
    2. I think fractions are fun to teach as well, but my 3rd graders don't always agree. I cover adding and subtracting fractions, with like denominators as well as mixed numbers. Is that something that could be added to your unit?

      Delete
    3. I will look into it! Great Idea. I know in 3rd I have never taught it!

      Delete
  2. We, too, have to add and subtract fractions and look at mixed numbers. Can't wait to see the finished product. Love the theme.
    Rebbecca
    rkzoglmann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purse! I must go to the mall....always a dangerous place for me :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the iPad and the gorgeous purse!!! Thank you so much for sharing your MLK project! I just love em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purse. I hate when I get the Coach coupons as I feel I can't let them go to waste. You are going to love the iPad. I feel like mine is attached to me all the time. I didn't know I would use it as much as I do but I love it!!!!
    I start teaching fractions in a month and I would love to win your fraction unit. Enjoy the purse(iPad keeper) and the new iPad.

    Cindy
    CL14Mentor@oh.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding and subtracting fractions sounds like a good idea. Perhaps you might include some measurement using fractions.
    Neat purse. You work hard. You deserve something for yourself every once in awhile!
    Ursula
    ugamler@boyertownasd.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your iPad! I'm SO hoping to win the TN giveaway and I will choose the mini iPad, for sure!

    Anyway, onto fractions. We start that unit SO SOON and I've been adding products left and right to my wish list so I can decide which one to get. In third grade we add and subtract fractions, too. we even venture into uncommon denomonators ahhhh!

    We also have to use a number line to put fractions in order which I saw is on your list. We specificly tie it into measurement like on a ruler between 0-1. So including those two in your unit would make it exactly what I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, for the new iPad and of course, the adorable purse!! My hubs was sitting next to me as I giggled so I read him that part of your post about hiding it in your closet. His words, "so there is more than one of you out there." You are certainly not the only one who feels the need to hide your splurging.

    If you are planing to let kids in your class use your iPad at all or if you ever have an iPad in the classroom for them to use there is a neat little trick for checking the last used apps. My kids know I know how to do this and it really cute down on the use of the games and camera that are on there. Tap the home button twice. On the bottom of the screen the last used apps will show. If you touch and hold one of the apps they will start to wiggle and there will be an X in the top corner of each. If you tap the X you can close the apps this way.

    Have fun!!!

    Hope
    teachingwhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous purse! Don't hide it in the closet...wear it proudly! THe only other thing I can think of is an anchor chart showing that the larger the denominator the smaller each individual piece is. (So, pieces in 1/6 are much smaller than those in 1/2.)

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can say, "Honey, look what you bought me for Valentine's day. I know how busy you are are and I wanted to save you some time."

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new IPad! How exciting! I'm jealous....but excited for you! Can't wait to hear how you'll be using it in your classroom!
    Is it just me...or do fractions just scream *food!*? lol What about some foodie activities for your unit? Maybe snack mix...sharing brownies...mmmmm!

    primaryinspired@gmail.com
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought an iPad a little over a week ago, I LOVE it!

    I hope you're enjoying yours just as much!

    ~Lisa @ Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete