OOBLECK!!!

Happy Sunday Friends! I have had a fantastic weekend! The weather here in NC has been beautiful, I got to spend some time with my husband, and I got to take my two favorite gym classes! So sad to say I have not done a single thing related to work or my blog this weekend...please forgive me! 

For the past two weeks we have been talking about states of matter. On Friday, I read Oobleck aloud to the kids. I hate to admit it...it was the first time I have read the book. I really enjoyed it! Then, we made Oobleck! The kids LOVED this! I could hear some of them saying, "this is the best day ever!" or "I love when we do these fun science experiemnts."


here are their materials all set out ready to go!
Mixing time

Time to play!


Then students worked on a recording sheet! Just click the picture if you want a copy!

They had a blast! They are going to even have more fun tomorrow when we have our in-school science field trip! Every science unit, we pay to have the company Science Fun For Everyone come out to each 3rd grade classroom for 75 minutes and do cool science things! 

Tomorrow they are doing a program on matter

It's going to be a lot of fun! If you live in the RTP area, I would highly suggest you get them to come to your school!

And one last thing...I have a winner of my Multi-step unit. The winner is...
Karyn! 
I am emailing you shortly!


Don't forget, that Martin Luther King day is right around the corner! Need some activities to do for this holiday? I have a unit just for you! You can pick it up at my TPT and TN stores today! It will be 20% off this week!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a great week at work!


2 comments:

  1. I did this as well for States of Matter...the kids loved getting messy!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this with my 5th graders when we talked about States of Matter. It was a absolute mess, but they loved it!

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete