New Year's Goals are underway...and another Daily 5 freebie:)

Happy Sunday to you all! I hope you slept well and have had a great morning so far. I sure have. My hubby works 3rd and I heard him this morning clinking around in the kitchen. Next thing I knew he was walking upstairs with this...
I love this man! It was sooo good! But I couldn't eat it all...it's a lot of food! hehe! 
So...one of my biggest new years goals was to communicate more. I do such a bad job with calling people or even sending cards. Well, this is the year to stop that and communicate more:)

I vowed once a week to send a card to someone and each week it has to be someone different. This week I am sending a card to my best friend, Lori. 
This card is perfect in so many ways! Lori is my rock, my sister, my best friend. I have known her since kindergarten and we have been best friends since. That is 27 years! I would not be the same without this girl.  We talk often, but not often enough. 

She is still in MI, has a husband and 3 beautiful girls. We always wanted our kids to grow up together...kinda sad that never happened:( I wanted her to be the first person I send a card out to because she is seriously one of the most important people in my life! I want to share a few pictures of us:) I hope you like them!



She is amazing! I hope she likes my card!

Second, I said I would call someone on Sundays. I plan on calling my Grandma today! She is 89 and will be 90 in June. She still water skis! She travels all the time, and is the head of her historical society. She runs a genealogy program in her area and has dated our family back to William Shakespeare! She is truly amazing in every sense of the word!

This picture cracks me UP!!!
Watch out, GW is in Las Vegas! She was roaring at the Lion at the MGM! HAHAHA
I can't wait this June to celebrate her 90th birthday! 

And last, but not least...another Daily 5 Freebie!

This to-do check sheet will help students and you know what they did what days. They get a new sheet each week. After they finish their choice they write down the date on the line. I did not add read to self as I require then to do this every day! If you want it, you can get it here:)

While my hubby sleeps today, as he works again tonight, I plan on doing work for my products all day. I have a major to-do list. And what is nice about it...I took tomorrow off! I have 3 appointments:( A vet, doctor, and dentist. It will be a longgggggg day:(

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Daily Five freebie! I'm going to try it out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie! Do you have the kids write the date they did each choice on the line? I would love to try it out!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete